Finding your suitable readers for smart home smoke detectors is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best readers for smart home smoke detectors including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
978 reviews analysed
1. First Alert Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm | Z-Wave
- Help keep your family safe with this battery-operated smoke and carbon monoxide combination alarm. This easy-to-install smoke and carbon monoxide combination alarm connects with other Z-Wave compatible alarms and a Z-Wave hub (sold separately)
- Integrated wireless alarm system is Iris compatible to send you mobile alerts and emails, so you’re aware of dangers after the alarm is activated, whether you’re home or away
- Alarm features photoelectric smoke-sensing technology optimized to detect larger smoke particles produced by smoldering fires, and an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor
- Certified for use with Nexia Home Intelligence, Ring Home Security System, and other third party Z-Wave systems
- not compatible with WINK or Onelink
- Includes test/silence button, side-access battery door, plus a tamper-resistant battery drawer and pins that lock the alarm to the mounting bracket
- Certified for use with Nexia Home Intelligence or other Z-Wave systems
- Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide protection that alerts you whether you are home or away
- Photoelectric smoke sensor helps reduce false alarms such as from cooking or shower steam
This easy-to-install First Alert Z-Wave ZCOMBO-G Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm is designed for compatibility with certified First Alert enabled Z-Wave Devices. It can send you mobile alerts in the event of an emergency and includes an insect-screened photoelectric smoke sensing chamber, an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor, an 85-decibel horn, a tamper-resistant battery door, and a single test/silence button. This alarm is specifically designed for residential and institutional applications such as sleeping areas in hospitals, hotels, dorms, and multifamily dwellings defined in standard NFPA 101. Fully tested, it complies with UL217, UL2034, CSFM, NFPA 720, NFPA 101, and other standards modeled on those agencies. This combination alarm also meets building codes requiring a battery-operated Z-Wave wireless smoke and carbon monoxide detector, as well as ICC codes.
2. X-Sense 10 Year Battery Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector with Display, Dual Sensor Smoke CO Alarm Complies with UL 217 & UL 2034 Standards, Auto-Check, SC01
- 10-Year Battery & 10-Year Sensor: This smoke and carbon monoxide alarm provides 10 years of continuous power with a built-in lithium battery, saving on energy while remaining eco-friendly
- saves you from constantly having to change batteries
- an end-of-life signal will let you know when it’s time to replace the unit for safety
- Practical LCD Display: Clearly indicates real-time carbon monoxide (CO) concentration in the surrounding air, as well as the remaining battery life and working status of the alarm
- if a CO concentration of 30-999 ppm exists for a certain time period, the screen will be backlit blue, and the LED indicator will flash red 4 times every 5.8 seconds
- 2-in-1 Accurate, Reliable & Highly Sensitive Alarm: Equipped with both photoelectric smoke sensor and electrochemical CO sensor that work independently of each other
- every second counts
- detects both fast and slow-burning fires, and instantly notifies you when dangerous smoke or CO concentration is detected while minimizing false alarms
- provides the ultimate protection from 2 deadly threats, all contained in 1 unit
- Simple to Use: Test/Silence button enables you to test the alarm weekly, and to easily silence the alarm when false alarms occur
- malfunction and low battery warnings allow you to easily know the working status of the alarm
- in case of an emergency, an alarm tone of over 85 dB will sound throughout your entire home, instantly alerting the entire household, even those in sleep
- Quick & Easy Installation with Guaranteed Quality: Requires no rewiring
- easy to mount on any wall or ceiling with the included mounting bracket, screws and anchor plugs
- certified to meet the UL 217 & UL 2034 safety standards for your peace of mind and absolute confidence in our product
3. Nest Protect Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Battery Powered (Second Generation)
- Designed in USA
- IT’S TIME TO KNOW MORE AND WORRY LESS: The Nest Protect is not like other smoke alarms. You no longer have to spend time worrying about whether or not your smoke detector is still working, or what the blinking lights mean
- Nest Protect can tell you everything you need to know! With automatic battery self-check, the Nest Protect helps take the hassle out of dealing with smoke alarms.
- EASY TO UNDERSTAND ALERTS: Unlike other smoke alarm systems, the Nest Protect doesn’t beep when there’s danger, the Nest Protect talks to you and alerts you to what’s going on. Whether it’s burnt toast in the kitchen or carbon monoxide in the living room, the Nest Protect uses clear spoken messages to alert you to the danger. The Nest Protect also works with most cellular devices, allowing you to receive notifications on your phone whenever something happens.
- TAKE THE HASSLE OUT OF SMOKE ALARMS: Tired of getting woken up at 2 a.m. by your smoke alarm? Long before it has to chirp, Nest Protect tells you its batteries are running low with a message on your phone. With routine self-checks as well as being able to remotely test all the devices in your home
- Nest Protect takes the hassle out of dealing with your smoke alarms, and helps to put your mind at ease.
- WORKS WITH NEST: Nest has worked hard to design thoughtful devices to help keep you safe and secure. Nest devices not only communicate with each other but also with the other smart devices around your home. Your Nest Secure can use your smart light bulbs to help get your attention in the event of an emergency
- your smart washer and dryer can take the data from Nest and run the next load of laundry when energy demand is low. Look for the Works with Nest badge and let Nest handle the rest.
- THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE A NEST HOME: We love home. It’s the best place in the world. But not everything inside our homes is lovable. Some things beep at us
- fail without warning
- keep us in the dark. There are things we’ve learned to ignore. We think these things should do more. Nest is focused on making simple, human, delightful things. That’s how we’re creating the thoughtful home: A home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it.
- Know from anywhere. Connect Nest Protect to Wi-Fi and it will send an alert to your phone if the alarm goes off or the batteries run low.
- Tells you what and where. It speaks up to tell you if there’s smoke or CO and where the problem is, so you know what to do.
- App Silence. Nest Protect is the first alarm you can hush from your phone. Simply walk to the Nest Protect that noticed the problem and open the Nest app.
- Split-Spectrum Sensor. In an emergency, seconds count. Nest Protect uses two wavelengths of light to look for both fast and slow burning fires.
- Heads-Up. Get a friendly voice alert so you can handle burning toast before it becomes a burning toaster.
- 10-year carbon monoxide sensor. Carbon monoxide is odorless, invisible and deadly. When there’s CO, Nest Protect tells you where it’s hiding.
It’s time to expect more from your smoke alarm. Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has a Split-Spectrum Sensor, tests itself automatically and lasts up to a decade. It’s also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. And it tells you what’s wrong and can even alert your phone. Nest products are made to work together. And they can even work with lights, locks and other products in your home. The Nest Protect can alert the Nest Thermostat when it detects carbon monoxide and the Thermostat can turn off the furnace to try and reduce the leak while you get to safety. Nest is focused on making simple, human, delightful things. That’s how we’re creating the thoughtful home: A home that takes care of the people inside it and the world around it. Wireless: 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) Wi-Fi, 802.15.4 (2.4GHz), Bluetooth Low Energy
4. First Alert Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm | Battery Operated, SCO5CN
- Keep your family safe with this battery operated smoke and carbon monoxide alarm
- battery powered alarms provide continuous monitoring of CO levels, even if there’s a power failure
- Features an electrochemical Carbon Monoxide sensing technology as well as a photoelectric sensor that detects the larger particles of a smoldering fire
- Indicator lights on the face of the unit display the presence of smoke or carbon monoxide, while an 85-decibel siren provides a clear, loud warning upon detection
- Battery-operated unit installs quickly and easily without an electrician
- Simple to use, with a single test/silence button
- EZ access battery drawer allows you to change battery without removing alarm from ceiling
- 7-year limited warranty
- equipped with end-of-life signal chirp, so you know when it’s time to replace the unit for safety
- all First Alert alarms are rigorously tested to meet UL standards
The First Alert SCO5CN Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm features dual sensors to detect both smoke and carbon monoxide in a single device. A photoelectric sensor detects the smoke most often produced by smoldering fires, and minimizes false alarms from cooking smoke or shower steam. Additionally, the advanced electrochemical CO sensor detects carbon monoxide leaks from multiple sources, such as faulty fuel-burning appliances, blocked chimneys, and generators running inside or too close to homes. A loud, 85-decibel siren alerts you to the threat; unique alarm sounds and indicator lights on its face distinguish a smoke warning from a carbon monoxide warning. This carbon monoxide and smoke detector is battery operated, so you don’t need an electrician for installation. Requiring just two AA batteries and featuring an easy-access battery compartment for quick changes, this smoke and carbon monoxide detector has a single button that allows you to silence a false alarm or test the unit. If your carbon monoxide alarm keeps chirping, the battery may be low or weak. On First Alert carbon monoxide detectors, check to see if the battery light is yellow or green. If the alarm is chirping and the light is yellow, it means the battery is low. The way to get a carbon monoxide alarm to stop chirping is to replace the battery.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America, yet many people don’t know they are suffering from CO poisoning until its too late. Since symptoms of CO poisoning are like the flu, you might not even know you’re in danger at first. That’s why a carbon monoxide alarm is an excellent way to protect your family. It can detect the CO you can’t see, smell or taste in the air.
The First Alert SCO5CN carbon monoxide and smoke alarm uses an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor-the most accurate technology available. The alarm uses photoelectric smoke sensing technology which is environmentally friendlier and which reduces nuisance alarms, making it ideal for cooking areas. It is also great for sensing slow smoldering fires quickly. The permanent sensors last the lifetime of the alarm. The test/silence button both silences a non-threatening alarm or low battery warning and allows you to test the unit’s functionality. A low battery signal alerts you to replace the battery and end-of-life alarm of three chirps alerts you to replace the unit. Two AA batteries are included. 5-year limited warranty. UL listed. Not available for sale in Massachusetts.–Bree Norlander
What’s in the Box
One combination carbon monoxide and smoke alarm, two AA batteries, and user’s manual. This does not contain voice feature.
5. X-Sense SD01 Escape Light Smoke Alarm Detector, 10-Year Lithium Battery Fire Alarm with LED Indicator & Silence Button, Compliant with UL 217 Standard, 3-Pack
- ACCURATE, RELIABLE, & HIGHLY SENSITIVE: Adopts the most advanced photoelectric sensor, enabling the alarm to quickly detect dangerous smoke levels from slow-burning, smoldering fires
- provides the earliest possible warning of fire while minimizing false alarms
- LED ESCAPE LIGHT: Automatically activates whenever an alarm sounds, illuminating a path to safety during an emergency
- makes the unit suitable for all areas of your home, especially hallways, stairwells, and general living areas
- 10-YEAR BATTERY & EASY INSTALLATION: Provides 10 years of continuous power with its built-in high-capacity 1,500 mAh lithium battery, saving you from constantly having to change batteries
- easy to install on any wall or ceiling with the included mounting bracket, screws, and anchor plugs
- AUTO-CHECK FUNCTION: Constantly monitors itself and quickly warns you of faults or a weak battery
- clearly informs you of the working status of the alarm with its 85 dB alarm and 3-color flashing LED indicator (red, green, yellow)
- UL CERTIFIED: All X-SENSE smoke alarms are rigorously tested to meet the UL 217 Standard and come with a 60-day money-back guarantee and 5-year warranty
- if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will get back to you within 24 hours
6. Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener
- Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener alerts you on your smart phone when your existing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors sound their alarms.
- This device does not detect fire, smoke or carbon monoxide and is intended to work with UL listed smoke and CO detectors that are 10 years old or less.
- Easy setup in minutes—without tools or professional installation. Requires Ring Alarm Security System (sold separately).
- Manage Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener and other Ring products with the Ring app.
- Battery life 3 years max. Batteries are replaceable.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring is just $10/month. No contracts or cancellation fees.
7. Nest S3006WBUS Protect Smoke and CO Alarm, Battery, 3-Pack Bundle with Deco Gear WiFi Smart Plug 2-Pack
- 10-year product lifetime
- Wi-Fi connection with internet access
- Voice alarms with custom location
- Emergency Shutoff with Nest Learning Thermostat
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Nest S3006WBUS Protect Smoke and CO Alarm, Battery, 3-Pack – White, 2 Pack Wifi Smart Plug, Compatible with Amazon Alexa & Google Home
Meet Nest Protect. The smoke alarm other alarms look up to.The Nest Protect smoke and CO alarm looks for both fast and slow burning fires. It can alert your phone and tell you where the danger is. And it lets you hush a false alarm with your phone.It’s time to expect more from your smoke alarm.Nest Protect has been redesigned from the inside out. It has a Split-Spectrum Sensor, tests itself automatically and lasts up to a decade. It’s also the first home alarm you can hush from your phone without any extra hardware required. And it tells you what’s wrong and can even alert your phone.Thinks, before it speaks.Nest Protect has a friendly human voice that gives you an early warning. That way you can handle burning toast before it becomes a burning toaster.Tells you where the danger is.And when one speaks, they all speak. So the alarm in your bedroom can tell you there’s smoke downstairs.In the 1970s, it would take about 30 minutes for a fire to take over a room. Today, it can take less than 5.Sees both fast and slow burning fires.The foam and particle board in much of today’s furniture make fires burn faster. Technology should keep up. The Split-Spectrum Sensor uses two wavelengths of light to detect smoke from both fast-burning and smoldering fires.10-year CO sensor.Carbon monoxide is poisonous but you can’t see it or smell it. That’s why Nest Protect has the most accurate type of carbon monoxide sensor available. We also improved our carbon monoxide sensing algorithm. …
8. First Alert Smoke Detector Alarm | Hardwired with Backup Battery, 6-Pack, BRK 9120B6CP
- Note : A loose neutral (white wire) connection within the home junction box could prompt a device malfunction.
- Equipped with an ionization sensor, this smoke alarm reliably detects smoke from fast-flaming fires and alerts you with an 85-decibel alarm
- To ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom
- Can connect to other compatible BRK or First Alert smoke detectors, to ensure all alarms will sound when smoke is detected
- Simple to use, with a single test/silence button, and side-load battery compartment
- tamper-resistant locking brackets and universal mounting brackets make installation easy
- Rigorously tested to meet UL standards
- Keep your family safe with this 6-pack of hardwired smoke alarms
- the battery backup means constant monitoring, even if there’s a power failure
9. Alexa Enabled Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm with Premium Home Speaker | Onelink Safe & Sound by First Alert
- ABOUT SAFE & SOUND: First Alert introduces Onelink Safe & Sound, an Alexa-enabled, Apple HomeKit-compatible hardwired photoelectric smoke and electrochemical carbon monoxide alarm, featuring a state-of-the-art, omni-directional speaker backed by First Alert’s unparalleled reliability and equipped with the power of Alexa
- EASY MOBILE CONTROLS: Get remote notifications of an emergency in your home for 24/7 safety, plus track carbon monoxide levels, customize nightlights, and more, using First Alert’s Onelink Home app
- NO MORE CONFUSING BEEPS: Track battery levels in the app and optimize safety by knowing when it’s time to replace them
- VOICE ALERTS: Key voice location technology announces the type and location of the danger in your home, keeping your entire home safe and connected during an emergency
- EASY TO INSTALL: Optimal ceiling placement enhances the speaker’s acoustic quality
- make installation fast and easy by using the included AC adapter plugs to replace your existing hardwire alarms without rewiring (AC power is required for Onelink Safe & Sound)
- ALEXA ENABLED: You can talk to Alexa on your Safe & Sound, and ask it to play music or podcasts (from Music, Spotify, Pandora, and more), read audiobooks, fill you in on the news, check weather, control smart home devices, and more
- plus Alexa’s always adding skills, so it gets smarter over time
- INTERCONNECTIVITY: Unlike other smart combo alarms, Safe & Sound can connect with any other hardwired alarms in your home (including First Alert and non-First Alert brands), and can send a mobile notification for any detected emergency, keeping your whole home safe and connected
Protect your home and your family, and enjoy a hands-free voice-controlled speaker with a great audio experience at the same time. First Alert’s Onelink Safe & Sound is a smart smoke and carbon monoxide alarm with Alexa Voice Services enabled. Ask Safe & Sound to play music or audiobooks, read you the news, control smart home devices, and more. Leveraging your home’s hardwiring and using optimal ceiling placement, Safe & Sound fills any room with immersive, 360-degree high-end audio. Advanced microphones let Safe & Sound hear your voice commands from any direction—even when music is playing. This 3-in-1 alarm is also powered by First Alert’s intelligent smoke and carbon monoxide protection, and warns you about danger in your home and its location with an 85-decibel alarm plus voice alert. With First Alert’s free Onelink Home app, Safe & Sound can also remotely notify you of a smoke or carbon monoxide emergency in your home via your phone or tablet. Safe & Sound installs just like a standard hardwired smoke alarm, so you can easily replace existing alarms. Adapter plugs are included to save you the hassle of rewiring and to simplify installation. It’s compatible with Apple HomeKit.
10. Kidde 21026043 Battery-Operated(Not Hardwired) Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Voice Warning KN-COSM-BA
- Voice Alarm –Announces the hazard type detected thereby helping to speed up the correct reaction to the hazard detected. Alarm announces “Fire!” when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces “Warning Carbon Monoxide” when a CO hazard is detected
- Combined Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm – A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and helps to keep home décor attractive.
- Audio alarm: 85 dB at 10 feet. Test/Reset Button and LEDs – Tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement. Flashing green for normal operation and flashing red for alarm condition. Humidity Range: 10 percent to 95 percent relative humidity non-condensing
- Battery – Provides protection even during power outages when many fire and carbon monoxide incidents occur. The unit warns of a low battery condition by announcing “low battery” and by initiating an alarm chirp and activating a flashing red LED. The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed. Note : The date printed on the item is manufacturing date,not the expiration date. Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manual.
- Voice Announcements – Hush Feature temporarily silences nuisance alarms with “HUSH MODE ACTIVATED” and “HUSH MODE CANCELLED” voice announcement. If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher, the unit will announce “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” to warn of the CO incident, when the Test/ Reset button is pressed.Temperature Range:40˚F (4.4˚C) to 100˚F (37.8˚C).Voltage (volts):4.5
The Kidde KN-COSM-BA Combination Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Alarm provides two important safety devices in a single unit. This alarm includes a voice warning system that announces “Fire, Carbon Monoxide, Low Battery and Smart Hush Activation.” The voice alarm eliminates any confusion and clearly warns you and your family of a smoke or carbon monoxide danger, or if your battery is in need of replacement. This technologically advanced combination alarm is battery operated protecting you and your family even during a power outage when many incidences occur. The KN-COSM-BA is an easy to install alarm that is suitable for all living areas and has a 10-year life and a 5-year limited warranty. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Smart Home Smoke Detectors for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!