790 reviews analysed
1. Hayes 81790 Genesis Proportional Self-Leveling Brake Controller
Digital, proostional, accelerometer brake controller designed for use on single, tandem, tri or quad braking trailers. Digital, diagnostic read-out. No level adjustment required.
The Genesis lets you apply full power in emergency stopping situations. The three-axis accelerometer technology automatically levels and senses the rate of deceleration. The Genesis Brake Controller features automatic and manual settings and provides superior braking response when towing single and quad axle trailers.
- Exclusive Quik-Connect feature
- For all single and quad axle trailers equipped with electric brakes
- Full 12-volt output provided with manual lever activation
- Superior responsiveness
- Compatible with all electronic systems (ABS, cruise, etc.)
- Wide range of mounting positions; perfect for steep dash surface mounting
- Easy adjustment and standard four-wire hookup
- Red L.E.D. indicator displays braking intensity and warns of short circuit
- Automatically adjusts to road conditions and changes in braking situations
- Easy to read digital display
- Boost Feature gives you the ability to apply more initial braking power when towing heavier trailers
- For use with electric and electric-over hydraulic braking systems
Mounting Angle and Mounting Direction
Mounting angles between –35 and + 90 degrees can be accommodated by the controller. The unit must, however, be installed so that it is parallel with the travel of the tow vehicle and trailer. Use the included reversible slotted mounting bracket and machine screws and fasteners to mount your controller with the back of the controller toward the front of the vehicle. Always be sure to mount in a location which allows the driver to easily apply the manual override and to see the red indicator light.
Automatic Operation with Digital Display and Standby Mode
During braking, the Genesis senses deceleration of the tow vehicle. An internal sensor measures the amount of deceleration and sends a proportional amount of power to the trailer brakes. The maximum braking supplied depends on the set up of the controller. The digital display will indicate the amount of power being sent to the trailer brakes. Once the brake pedal is released, the unit will return to “stand by” mode. While standing by, the controller will display the currently selected mode of display (% power, voltage, or current).
Maximum Power with Automatic and Manual Settings
Under automatic braking (via brake pedal), the maximum power is the percent of available power that is sent to the trailer brakes. Under manual override (via manual slide lever), the maximum power is the percent available power that is sent to the trailer brakes when the manual slide lever is moved all the way to the left. Choose Automatic Maximum Power settings to use the factory pre-set of 50% Maximum Power, or adjust the settings to your preferred amount of braking power. Use the Manual Override slide lever to apply the trailer brakes independently of the tow vehicle brakes or to override the automatic trailer brakes when less braking is required. The Manual Override slide lever can be used for emergency stopping or for control of excessive trailer sway. The tow vehicle and trailer brake stoplights will still illuminate during the manual lever activation.
2. Tekonsha 90160 Primus IQ Electronic Brake Control
A totally proportional electric trailer brake control, the PrimusIQ is self-leveling so no level adjustment is necessary. Utilizing the primary sensor technology from Prodigy, the PrimusIQ now includes the Boost feature that gives users the ability to apply more initial trailer braking when towing heavier trailers. It works proportionally in reverse for backing into tough spots and includes a snap-in dash mounting clip and removable electrical connector that allows the unit to be quickly stored when not in use. You will appreciate the digital readout depicting a secure electrical connection, amount of voltage delivery to the trailer brakes and diagnostic features incorporated in the LED display.
3. Reese Towpower 8508211 Control Proportional Brake-EVN
The Reese Towpower BRAKE-EVN brake controller offers advanced proportional braking by applying brake pressure to match the vehicles deceleration rate. Proportional braking gets you get smoother stops that traditional time based controls. The boost feature gives the ability to apply more initial braking at the onset of stopping when towing heavier loads. When adjusted properly for your load, proportional brake controls can even extend the life of your vehicles brakes. The large LED display is easy to see when adjusting the control to handle the weight of your loaded or unloaded trailer. The BRAKE-EVN brake control can handle up to brake 4 axles and offers a simple plug in installation option, so be sure to get the proper factory harness for your vehicle. The perfect choice for light or heavy trailer loads.
4. Draw-Tite 20191 I-Stop IQ Electronic Brake Control
- I-STOP IQ Proportional Electronic Brake Control
- for 1 to 3 Axle Trailers
- Self-diagnostics features will illuminate LED readout when issues occur
- Includes a “Boost” feature and works proportionally in reverse
- Utilizes “Plug-N-Play” port for 2-plug adapters
- Includes snap-in mounting clip allows user to remove and store the control when not in use
Draw-Tite I-Stop IQ for 1 to 3 axle trailers, a totally proportional electric trailer brake control, is self-leveling so no level adjustment is necessary. Utilizing the primary sensor technology from Draw-Tite I-Stop Ultra, the Draw-Tite I-Stop IQ now includes the “Boost” feature that gives users the ability to apply more initial trailer braking when towing heavier trailers. It works proportionally in reverse for backing into tough spots and includes a snap-in dash mounting clip and removable electrical connector that allows the unit to be quickly stored when not in use. You will appreciate the digital readout depicting a secure electrical connection, amount of voltage delivery to the trailer brakes and diagnostic features incorporated in the LED display. Limited Lifetime Warranty.
5. Tekonsha 90885C Prodigy P2 Universal Super Intelligent High Powered Electronic Trailer Brake Control System
- UNIVERSAL SYSTEM: Universal electronic brake control system designed to make trailer towing safer and easier
- FITS 1 TO 4 AXLES: Fits 1 to 4 axle trailers to deliver a signal from your vehicle’s brakes to your trailer
- BATTERY PROTECTION: Features reverse battery protection for both vehicle and breakaway
- MOUNTING VERSATILITY: Numerous mounting options offer versatile installation
- INCLUDES 1 BRAKE SYSTEM: Includes 1 electronic brake control system for 1 to 4 axle trailers
Stay safe on the road while hitching and towing. Protect your vehicle and other drivers with Tekonsha Prodigy Universal P2 Electronic Brake Control System. Introduce your 1 to 4 axle trailer system to this intelligent controller that interprets the signal sent from your vehicle’s brakes to your trailer. With a smooth and simple installation, you can easily mount this brake controller in virtually any position. This intelligent brake control system supplies power to your tow vehicle’s brakes proportionally. That way, your trailer brakes at the same time and with the same strength as your vehicle, even in reverse gear. Thanks to this innovative technology, your vehicle’s brakes aren’t overworked or destroyed from constant wear and tear. Don’t worry about slamming on the brake in your truck. With the Tekonsha Prodigy Electronic Trailer Brake Control, your trailer brakes will activate with that same extreme intensity.
6. Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control
- A distinct, easy-to-read LCD display with multiple screen color options, displays in English, French or Spanish
- Diagnostics show output current, battery, brake, and output voltage and warning system alerts to No Trailer Brake situations
- Boost feature allows for different levels of customized braking, select Electric over Hydraulic or Electric trailer brake mode
- Integrated Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters and Snap-in mounting clip allows user to remove and store the control when not in use
- Compact, dash-hugging design. Electric trailer brake control for up to 4 braking axles.
5 storable setting options with preferences of multiple drivers, and for pulling different trailers up to 4 axles.
7. CURT 51170 Spectrum Original Equipment Style, Integrated Electric Trailer Brake Controller, Proportional
- FACTORY LOOK. The Spectrum trailer brake controller is designed to mount onto the dash of your vehicle and integrate with the other controls like a factory brake controller. It allows you to control and monitor all brake settings using a simple but powerful push-button rotary knob with 10 tri-color LEDs.
- HIDDEN MAIN MODULE. To maintain powerful trailer brake operation without obstructing your vehicle dash, the computer module of this brake controller is separate from the control knob and can be mounted out of sight. The knob can be mounted on your dash with a drill mount or surface adhesive mount.
- INTELLIGENT BRAKING. This trailer brake controller operates with an integrated circuit called a triple-axis accelerometer. This circuit detects motion on three planes and provides braking power accordingly. Up or down a hill, Spectrum offers safe, smooth, responsive braking.
- EASY ADJUSTMENT. The Spectrum electric brake controller is highly adjustable to accommodate different vehicles, trailers and loads. The push-button knob offers easily accessible manual override whenever needed, and it features driver-selectable power output.
- SIMPLE SETUP. The Spectrum electric trailer brake controller easily plugs into your vehicle using a vehicle-specific quick plug harness (sold separately). It also has automatic leveling and calibration. It can be used with trailers with 1 to 4 axles (2 to 8 brakes) and is fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems and PWM systems.
The CURT Spectrum trailer brake controller provides powerful brake operation while maintaining a clean, consistent OE look and feel on the dash of your vehicle. It is comprised of a main module and a separate user interface. This interface is a simple rotary knob with a push-button and ten tri-color LEDs to control and monitor all trailer brake activity. It also features a triple-axis accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops on any grade. The separated module and interface of the Spectrum brake controller allow it to integrate with the vehicle unlike any other. The main module can be mounted behind the dash and completely out of sight. The separate rotary knob provides a sleek, subtle interface that mounts on the dash of the vehicle wherever desired. It features ten LEDs with three colors each (red, green and blue) to indicate trailer brake activity and power adjustment. The rotary knob and integrated push-button allow for simple and effective operation of the control settings and manual adjustment. The Spectrum trailer brake controller offers superior safety and helps protect the life of your vehicle and trailer with its advanced triple-axis accelerometer. This integrated circuit detects the motion of the vehicle and trailer when making stops and applies the precise amount of brake power for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. The three axes of the circuit also enable the brake control to compensate when going up or down a hill. Like most CURT brake controllers, the Spectrum installs using one of our vehicle-specific quick plug harnesses. It also has automated leveling and calibration capabilities to simplify and speed up the installation process. The Spectrum trailer brake controller comes with mounting hardware for a complete installation.
8. CURT 51180 Echo Mobile Electric Trailer Brake Controller with Bluetooth-Enabled Smartphone Connection, Proportional
- PORTABLE. The Echo trailer brake controller is so non-invasive in its installation that it can easily be transferred from one vehicle to another without skipping a beat. It simply plugs into any 7-way connector, wirelessly links to your smartphone and off you go! The highly compact, highly portable design can easily be stored in your glovebox when not in use.
- SMARTPHONE-READY. The Echo brake controller is powered by Bluetooth technology to wirelessly connect to your Apple or Android smartphone, turning it into a brake controller interface with the Smart Control app. It allows you to receiver incoming calls without interrupting operation, and if Bluetooth connection is lost, the brake controller will continue to function safely, using the most recently programmed settings (Warning: Avoid distracted driving. Only make adjustments when the vehicle is stationary).
- ZERO-TOOL INSTALL. Installing this electric trailer brake controller is as easy as plugging in a 7-way trailer wiring connector. It requires no tools, no extra wires and no hardware. Just plug it in, open the app and you’re ready to start towing. It also stores multiple vehicle-trailer profiles, great for multi-vehicle owners!
- HIGHLY RESPONSIVE. The Echo electric trailer brake controller uses a triple-axis accelerometer to provide smooth, safe braking. It is able to detect motion on three planes, meaning it doesn’t matter if you’re going up or down a hill. Echo always maintains responsive trailer braking, even when your smartphone screen is locked.
- VERSATILE. This electric trailer brake controller easily transfers between vehicle-trailer setups and works on virtually any trailer with 1 to 2 axles (2 to 4 brakes). It is also fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems and PWM systems. Built-in reverse-polarity and short-circuit protection
The CURT Echo mobile trailer brake controller is a Bluetooth-enabled device that wirelessly connects to your smartphone and allows you to control and monitor all trailer brake activity right from your own device. It features a simple, plug-and-play installation on your vehicle, a portable design to easily switch between vehicle-trailer combinations and a highly durable construction to outlast the elements. The Echo brake controller brings your towing experience into the modern age. Powered by Bluetooth, it wirelessly connects to your smartphone without any extra wiring harnesses or modules required. Simply download the Smart Control app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device, plug the Echo into your vehicle and you’re ready to start towing. The app allows you to create multiple vehicle-trailer profiles for different towing situations. Installing the Echo trailer brake controller is truly a plug-and-play experience. It is designed to insert in between the vehicle-trailer wiring connection and is compatible with any industry-standard 7-way RV blade plug. This design also allows the Echo to be easily transferred between vehicles, making it perfect for fleet vehicles or multiple-vehicle owners. The Echo mobile trailer brake controller is built to withstand the outdoor elements, whether you’re towing through rain, snow or sunshine. It features a potted enclosure. This means the interior of the Echo is filled with an epoxy resin that covers the internal electronics and seals them off from dirt and moisture. This promotes long-lasting durability and also helps reduce vibration. To further enhance the connection, the connector port of the Echo is equipped with a locking tab to connect to the 7-way vehicle socket. The CURT Echo mobile brake controller operates with a tri-axis circuit for smooth stops going up or down a hill, and it is able to operate up to two to four trailer brakes at a time (one to two axles). It is also compatible with cruise control and ABS brakes.
9. SRAM Pro Brake Bleed Kit
If you’re bleeding brakes once a year or so, SRAM’s standard brake bleed kit will do just fine, but when your garage is nothing shy of a quiver of bikes built up with disc brakes, chances are you’ll want to service things a little more frequently. SRAM’s Pro Brake Bleed Kit builds on the standard kit, and elevates by omitting plastic plungers on syringes and opting for metal that withstand repeated use. The kit is designed exclusively for SRAM brakes, and is ideal for servicing X0, XX, Guide, Level, Hydraulic Road brakes, but will not fair well with Shimano Brakes. Critical to keep your brakes stopping on a dime, the kit includes everything you need to maintain your SRAM hydraulic system, with two bleed syringes, two fitting and clamp tubes, two compression ferrules, and two barbed tubing inserts, just to get started. It also sets you up with bleeding edge adapters, a torx wrench, a 3/8-in drive 8mm crows’s foot, bleed blocks, and a bottle of DOT 5. 1 brake fluid to top off your lines. Assorted seals are tossed in with the kit for good measure, so you’ll be all set without a run to the hardware store if you lose one, or find one a bit dusty and cracked, when you’re getting things bled.
10. REESE Towpower 8507111 Brakeman IV Digital Brake Control, Small Compact Design
- INSTALLS QUICKLY: This 100% solid-state electronic with a small compact design mounts in any direction, no leveling required. Pre-wired plug-and-play feature allows for quick and easy connection to 2-, 4-, 6- and 8- brake systems.
- ADJUSTS EASILY: Two separate easy push-button adjustment controls (output and sync) allow for not only different trailer weights (output) but also the speed of activation (sync) depending on your driving style.
- DIGITAL DISPLAY: Bright and prominent digital display clearly indicates the output setting, sync setting, brake overload or short connection.
- SAFE & SECURE: This device includes advanced internal circuit protection to help prevent damage and is for use on 12-volt negative ground systems only. Includes a limited lifetime warranty.
The REESE Towpower Brakeman IV is a smart electric brake controller that mounts in any direction with no leveling required. Its small, compact design and pre-wired plug-and-play feature allow for quick and easy connection to 2-, 4-, 6- and 8- brake systems. This 100% solid-state electronic includes two separate easy push-button adjustment controls (output and sync) that allow for not only different trailer weights (output) but also the speed of activation (sync) depending on your driving style. For easy-reading, the bright and prominent digital display clearly indicates the output setting, sync setting, brake overload or short connection. Smoother braking starts with a sensing device that determines the voltage power being delivered to the towing vehicle’s brakes and assists in accurately adjusting the trailer brakes for city or highway driving. Safety is key, which is why this controller includes advanced internal circuit protection to help prevent damage and is meant for use on 12-volt negative ground systems only. This essential accessory is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Hayes Genesis Brake Controller for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!