Nowadays, there are so many products of windows 10 desktop under 100 in the market and you are wondering to choose a best one.You have searched for windows 10 desktop under 100 in many merchants, compared about products prices & reviews before deciding to buy them.
You are in RIGHT PLACE.
Here are some of best sellings windows 10 desktop under 100 which we would like to recommend with high customer review ratings to guide you on quality & popularity of each items.
661 reviews analysed
1. NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender (EX3700-100NAS)
- Range extenders eliminate dead zones and improves WiFi coverage in your home.
- NETGEAR extenders are easy to set up with the push of a button or mobile responsive User Interface
- Extend 2.4 &
- 5GHz WiFi up to 750Mbps for fast, reliable connections
- Universal compatibility to easily extend your current WiFi with your existing gateway, router, or ISP provided gateway
- Convenient wall-plug design blends seamlessly into any décor
2. GK41 Mini PC Intel Celeron Processor J4125 Quad Core(up to 2.7GHz),8GB LPDDR4 256GB SSD Windows 10 Pro Mini Desktop Computer 4X USB 3.0 Ports,2X Gigabit Ethernet,[email protected] Output,Dual Wi-Fi,BT 4.2
- ???? [Excellent OS]: Windows 10 installed (Linux support) Ideal for document creation, schedule creation, proposal creation, paperwork, web browsing, internet search, video editing, YOUTUBE video viewing
- ⭐ [High-performance CPU]: GK41 mini pc is equipped with Celeron J4125 processor (4C/4T, 4M cache, max 2.7GHz), supports Intel UHD graphics 600, and reaches the maximum resolution of 4096 * 2160 @ 60Hz. , Can process image and play 4K video smoothly with faster speed
- ???? [Large capacity]: LPDDR4 8GB (onboard) memory + M.2 2280 256GB SATA SSD storage (up to 1TB upgrade possible) Expansion possible contents (not included): TF card (up to 128GB) 4 USB 3.0 ports installed However, by using a portable HDD etc. via the USB port or supplementing it with a TF card
- ⭐ [Simultaneous dual monitor compatible]: 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x DP are installed and 2 screens can be output at the same time, the output reaches [email protected] Gigabit Ethernet LAN 1000M, dual-band WiFi for smooth and responsive work processes
- ???? [Package and warranty]: 1x GK41 Mini PC, 1x mounting bracket, 1x HDMI cable, 1xDP cable, 1x US power adapter (12V/3A), 1x instruction manual. 1 year manufacturer warranty, 1 month free return, 24 hours after-sales service *If you have any questions during use or before purchase, please feel free to contact us.
3. Mini PC, Desktop Computer Windows 10 Intel X5-Z8350, Fanless Mini Computer 4GB 64GB Bluetooth 4.0, 2.4/5GHz WiFi Micro PC with HDMI VGA Ethernet USB C Ports
- 【Run Faster & More Stable 】: WEILY Mini PC is installed 64-bit Windows 10 /linux OS Intel Atom X5- Z8350 (up to 1.92GHz) Quad-Core, and loaded with 4GB RAM, 64GB Flash Memory, Bluetooth 4.0, stably dual Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet. Powerful hardware makes it run more smoothly and stably.
- 【Storage Expansion Option】: 4GB of RAM, 64GB eMMC. You can expand the storage with a Micro SD card up to 128GB, a USB stick or a USB hard disk or a 2TB 2.5 inch SSD/HDD(SD card/2.5inch SSD is not included).
- 【Dual WIFI & Bluetooth】: 2.4GHz+ 5.0GHz Dual Band Wifi desktop computer mini pc supports RJ45 Ethernet LAN(10/100M/1000Mbps), ensure a stronger and more stable WiFi signal and network environment, so whether it’s uploading or downloading, the speed is very fast and smooth. Bluetooth 4.0 allows you to connect to a variety of wireless devices.
- 【Great Home Theater PC】: Support 3D and 1080P 60Hz ultimate HD video, bringing you true-to-life picture quality and enjoy 3D cinema at home with less buffering. HDMI/ VGA ports support seamlessly connecting two monitors, simplify and double the efficiency of your work. H.265 HD decoding technology save 50% bandwidth resources than H.264.
- 【Wall-mounted Design】: Come with a wall-mounted holder to allow you to hang Mini computer behind monitor, saving your desk space and letting you desk look more tidy . All important ports are available: 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, 1x Type-C, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x SD Card Slot, 1x Headphone Jack, 1x DC.
Hardware Specifications: Chipset: Intel Z8350 4-core 1.84 GHZ 64 bit GPU: Intel HD Graphics RAM:4GB DDR3 ROM: 64GB EMMC Main Features: OS: Windows 10 3D: Hardward 3D graphics acceleration Support Decoder format: HEVC(H.265 @4K x 2K), H.264 @5.1, SVC,VP8 1080P,VP8 4K, VP8 stereo, MPEG4 ASP/SP,AVS,BD2.4,H.263 Support Media format: [email protected] 5.1，VP8 1080P, VP8 4K, VP8 stereo,SVC,AVS,H.263 Support photo format:HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF USB host: 1 high speed USB 3.0, 3 high speed USB 2.0, Type-C, support USB DISK and USB HDD Card reader: TF card HDD file system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS OSD type of languages: English/Chinese languages LAN: Support RJ45 10/100/1000M WIFI: AP6255 2.4G/5G Bluetooth: Bluetooth V 4.1 Mouse/Keyboard: Support mouse and keyboard via USB, support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle HDMI: Support 4K x 2K VGA: Support VGA 1920*1080 Microphone audio: 3.5mm Microphone jack x 1 Power KEY： Support Power KEY Dimension: 12.5*12.5*3.8(cm) Weight: 400g Tips to better use mini pc: 1. Add a Micro SD card for saving files and documents. 2. Regularly delete the software distribution folder in windows directory to keep updates size use down. This folder is used for updates for windows. 3. Uninstall any program or app that isn’t needed or used. Once done, there was enough space to update Windows Connecting: Turn on the TV or monitor and change the video output top be HDMI or VGA. Connect the Wintel PC to the HDMI or VGA connector of the TV or monitor with a HDMI cable. Connect the power adapter into the wall socket, and the other end into the DC port on the box. Then the device starts and LED light on the box is on. POWER ON: Press the power button for 3 seconds and the indicator lights up. After 30-40 second, you will see the screen of Windows 10
4. ACEPC T11 Mini PC, 8GB DDR3, 120GB eMMC, Windows 10 Pro Mini Computer,Intel Atom z8350 up to 1.9 GHz, Dual Display up to 4K HD,Bluetooth 4.2,Gigabit LAN,Dual Band WiFi
- ACEPC T11 Mini Desktop PC Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit
- Intel Processor: Quad-Core Intel Atom Z8350 Processor.It’s base operating frequency 1.5 GHz/s rising to a 1.9 GHz in burst mode.
- 8GB DDR3 Memory+ 128GB eMMC.Support DIY install 2.5-Inch sata SSD(up to 2TB) to the internal expansion bay to speed up the performance.
- Dual display output,Max Resolution 4K HD for visually home entertainment,HTPC,perfect for home office,games,digital Security and surveillance, digital signage, media center,conference room etc.
- I/O Specifications: Designed with 2 x USB 2.0 ports,2 x USB 3.0 ports ,1 x Gigabit Ethernet port,1 x HDMI port, 1x VGA port,1 x MIC,1x DC port,1 x SD Card slot
5. Fanless Mini PC,Intel x5-Z8350 HD Graphics Mini Desktop Computer,Windows 10 64-bit,DDR3 2GB 32GB eMMC,4K HD,Dual Band WiFi AC,Bluetooth 4.2
- 【Intel Atom Processor】Quad-Core Intel Atom x5-Z8350 Processor. It’s base operating frequency 1.44 GHz/s rising to a 1.92 GHz in burst mode
- 【Storage Expansion Option】2GB of RAM, 32GB of Storage. You can expand the storage with a Micro SD card up to 128GB, a USB stick or a USB hard disk.
- 【Small But Powerful】4K HD for visually home entertainment, perfect for home office, Internet surfing, watching movies, or simply browsing the web.
- 【Windows 10 OS】Pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro(64bit) OS.Support Auto-on after power failure(1.Hit ESC when power up 2.Enter Bios and set Power On)
- 【I/O Specifications】2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x Headphone/Mic Combo Interface, 1x 1000 Mbps Ethernet Port, 1x Micro SD Card Slot etc.
Storage Tips to better use this mini pc:
1. Add a Micro SD card for saving files and documents.
2. Regularly delete the software distribution folder in windows directory to keep updates size use down. This folder is used for updates for windows.
3. Uninstall any program or app that isn’t needed or used. Once done, there was enough space to update Windows.
CPU: Intel Atom x5-Z8350
Processor Base Frequency:1.44 GHz
Burst Frequency: 1.92 GHz
Cache: 2 MB
# of Cores: 4
Memory Size: 2GB
Memory Types: DDR3L
Hard Disk: 32GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics
Graphics Base Frequency: 200 MHz
Graphics Burst Frequency: 500 MHz
USB: 2x USB 3.0
Video Interface: 1x HDMI
Audio Port: Headphone/Mic Combo Interface
1X Ethernet Port
1x Micro SD Card Slot
1x DC Power Port
Wi-Fi: 2.4G/5G Built-in Wi-Fi AC
Bluetooth: BT 4.2
1x Mini PC
1x Power Cord
1x HDMI cable
1x English Instruction
6. ACEPC Mini PC Intel Celeron J3455,Windows 10 Micro Computer, 6GB DDR3 120GB SSD,4K HD Graphics,Gigabit Ethernet,Dual Band Wi-Fi
- Intel Celeron Processor: Quad-Core Intel Celeron J3455 Processor.It’s base operating frequency 1.5 GHz/s rising to a 2.3 GHz in burst mode.
- 6GB RAM,120GB SSD Storage,Besides,you can install 2.5Inch sata SSD(up to 2TB) to the internal expansion bay to speed up the performance.
- Small But Powerful: 4K HD for visually home entertainment,HTPC,perfect for home office, light games,digital Security and surveillance, digital signage, media center,conference room etc.
- I/O Specifications: Designed with 2 x USB 2.0 ports,2 x USB 3.0 ports ,1 x Gigabit Ethernet port,1 x Micro SD Card port,2 x HDMI port support Dual Display.
- Pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro Edition(64bit) OS.
7. Dell Inspiron 580 Tower Desktop PC, Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz, 8G DDR3, 500G, VGA, DP, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit-Multi-Language Supports English/Spanish/French(Renewed)
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high-performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
- Dell Inspiron 580 Tower Desktop PC, Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz, 8G DDR3, 500G.
- Includes: USB Keyboard & Mouse, Microsoft office 30 days free trail.
- Ports: 8 External USB 2.0 ports (2 front/ 6 rear)
- 1 Serial
- 1 RJ-45
- 1 VGA
- 1 Display Port
- 1 eSATA
- 2 Line-in (stereo/microphone)
- 2 Line-out (headphone/speaker).
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit-Multi-Language Supports English/Spanish/French.
Everything you want and nothing you don’t. The Inspiron 580 desktop gives you the power you need.
Processor: Intel Core i3-540 3.06GHz
Memory: 8G DDR3
Hard Drive: 500G
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit-Multi-Language Supports English/Spanish/French.
8 External USB 2.0 ports (2 front/ 6 rear); 1 Serial; 1 RJ-45; 1 VGA; 1 Display Port; 1 eSATA; 2 Line-in (stereo/microphone); 2 Line-out (headphone/speaker).
1 full year Parts and Labor Warranty
Included in the box
USB Keyboard & Mouse, Microsoft office 30 days free trail.
8. Mini PC Windows 10 Pro Intel Core i3-5005U Processor 8GB RAM 128GB SSD Mini Desktop Computer, 4k HD, Dual Band WiFi, Dual HDMI, Type-C Port, USB3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, Beelink U55
- ✔ Faster Running Speed —— Beelink U55 Mini PC Pre-Installed With Windows 10 Pro (64-Bits) system. Equips with Intel Core i3-5005u CPU. And loaded with 8GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD ROM. Powerful hardware makes it run more smoothly and stable.
- ✔ Expand Storage by Multi-ways —— Support SATA HDD (up to 2TB )
- M.2 SSD( up to 1TB )
- and TF card (up to 128GB ), Meanwhile, it comes with a Type-c port, 2* USB 3.0 ports, and 2 *USB 2.0 ports. This is very convenient for people who frequently transfer files.
- ✔ Greatly improve transmission frequency —— The latest wireless connectivity with Dual-Band 2.4G+5G Wi-Fi, it offers speeds up to 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band & 1000Mbps on the 5GHz.
- ✔ Fanless and Silence design —— Equipped with a good cooling system and low noise fan. We give away a mounting bracket in the package that can be easily fixed to the back of the monitor for saving a lot of space.
- ✔ Great Home Theater PC —— The mini desktop computer comes with 4K ultra high definition streaming capability, giving you a best-in-class television experience with true-to-life picture quality, which can be used as a media center to enjoy TV shows or games.
Model: Beelink U55
Processor: Intel Core i3-5005U
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits pre-installed
RAM: 8GB Disk: 128GB SSD (Supports extended)
Processor Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500
Scenario Design Power(SDP): 15W
Ethernet: 1000Mbps LAN
WiFi: IEEE 802.11/b/g/n/ac, 2.4+5.8G
Antenna: Built-in antenna for WiFi
SD card: Micro SD Card 128GB
SSD: M.2(NGFF) 2280 or 2242SSD, up to 1TB
HDD: up to 2TB
2* HDMI Port
1* Type-C Port
2* USB 3.0 Port
2* USB 2.0 Port
1* RJ45 Port
1* Audio Jack (HP&MIC)
1* micro SD Card slot
1* Beelink U55 Mini PC
2* HDMI Cables(20cm & 80cm)
1* Power adapter
1* Mounting bracket
Tips to better use this mini pc:
It supports Auto-on after a power failure, please contact us for a specific operation, we will send you the tutorial.
Q1: The displays were not as clear as I think, or unsuitable with the screen?
A1: It may be caused by the display resolution, please click the Desktop right button- display settings-display -display resolution. Change it to 1920×1080.
Q2: Can this run games?
A2: Our product can support some small web games, but it is more suitable for dealing with daily office work, browsing the web and watching videos
9. ACEPC AK2 Mini PC, Windows 10 Pro(64-bit) Intel Celeron J3455 Processor(up to 2.3GHz) Desktop Computer,8GB DDR3 120GB SSD,Dual Display at 4K HD,2.4G+5G Dual-Band WiFi,Gigabit Ethernet,BT 4.2
- ACEPC AK2 mini pc is equipped with Intel Celeron j3455 4-core processor (up to 2.3GHz)and Intel HD Graphics 500 GPU, Pre installed with Windows 10 Pro 64bit, you can use it immediately after arrival.
- This mini computer comes with DDR3 8GB RAM + 120GB SSD. Options to expand storage：1).DIY Internal 2.5 inch SSD/HDD (up to 2TB). 2). Up to 128GB SD card. 3).Add an external HDD/SSD by USB 3.0 slot.
- An intelligent mini desktop computer that support automatic power on and Wake On Lan.Suitable for using as a home theater,mobile office PC,light computer in library or other education Scenes,display advertisements for projectors, stores, and exhibitions.
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet, Dual band Wi-Fi 2.4G+5G and Bluetooth 4.2,Provide stable and smooth Ethernet and equipment connection. 2 x HDMI ports support Dual Display at 4K high resolution output.
- ACEPC provide 12-month satisfaction and LIFETIME technical support service, If you have any questions during use or before purchase, please feel free to contact ACEPC customer service team.
10. Azulle Quantum Byte Fanless Mini Desktop PC (Windows 10 Home, Intel Atom Z3735F, 2GB RAM+32GB storage)
- Enjoy all the benefits of Windows in a much slimmer package. The Quantum Byte comes pre-installed with Windows 10, sporting new features such as live Windows tiles, metro UI, and access to the Windows Store.
- Powered by the powerful trifecta of the elite Intel Atom (Quad-core) processor Z3735F, 2GB of DDR3L RAM, and 32GB of onboard memory, the Quantum Byte is the perfect computer for handling complex spreadsheets, high definition video, and seamless multi-tasking. Never worry about lag when using your Quantum Byte.
- Equipped with the Intel HD Graphics Card (gen 7), witness Full HD 1080p video playback with crisp detail and vivid color. Stream your videos to the big screen with the Quantum Byte’s built-in HDMI port. Simply connect it to any TV or monitor using a HDMI cable.
- Experience the flexibility of the Quantum Byte and build your workspace the way you want to. At 5.91 x 1.47 x 4.06 inches, the Quantum Byte fits in various places providing you with more versatility for your work space. Add the hardware you desire with the Quantum Byte’s built in VGA, USB, and HDMI ports. Please Note: Kindly refer the User Guide before use.
- Transferring information has never been easier with the Quantum Byte’s three USB ports. Expand your memory to 128GBs with the Quantum Byte’s microSDHC/SDXC card slot. With the lethal combo of built in Wi-Fi 802.11 a b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0, you will be able to connect to countless networks and devices.
Integrating the best aspects of form, speed, and power, the Quantum Byte is an unprecedented PC experience. Never worry about the hassle of bulky towers and tangled cords. With its small form factor, the Quantum Byte can fit easily in your home or office. Backed by an elite Intel Quad Core Z3735F processor, the Quantum Byte is capable of performing on multiple levels. Casually browse the web, video chat, and check emails without slowdown. Effortlessly juggle between spreadsheets, HD videos and games with a formidable 2GB of ram. Coupled with the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and 32 GB of storage, enjoy a complete PC experience. Quantum Byte: Infinite possibilities, far from small.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reviewed in the United States on December 9, 2015
I didn’t buy the bundle with the webcam and Logitech K400 because the product description said it was pre-installed with Windows 10, and one recent reviewer pointed to bad driver issues with Win10, so I bought a standalone unit, trying to avoid Windows 10, and the Logitech K400 separately. My unit came pre-installed with Windows 10 out of the box anyway.
After initial setup, I immediately had issues with the mouse stuttering so much as to make the unit unusable. I called the Quantum Byte technical support line expecting to wait 30 minutes, I immediately spoke to a tech support representative who advised me to move the Logitech USB dongle from the rear to the side USB port. It has worked fine ever since. The Quantum Byte has built in Bluetooth, but I needed to use the dongle for initial setup, and have just left it in since.
I also had an issue with the Windows 10 desktop being larger than my TV screen, which basically cuts off part of the outside of the desktop so I couldn’t see the taskbar. This can be fixed by the overscan function on your TV remote. I have a 5-year-old Sanyo LCD, and Sanyo has a PIX SHAPE button on the remote, which will cycle through all available overscan configurations. I just cycled this button until all the available Windows desktop was shown on the TV screen.
I use it mainly as a media center, playing Netflix, YouTube and Amazon prime. I also added a 2 TB external hard drive, and also use it as a file server for our home. I added 3 separate log ins for our family members, and everyone enjoys it and had no performance or hardware issues.
It is very snappy for as small and basic as it is, especially with only 2gb of RAM. Very satisfied, and gave it 5 stars based on the value for the price.
Reviewed in the United States on October 19, 2015
Update; 10-20-2015; for those worried about heat under "certain circumstances, fan mentioned in above post cools the heat-sink to near cold, and makes virtually no noise doing it. Note;, for most folks, this is probably unnecessary. My phone gets hotter while charging and it still works. We don't have A.C. and the mini pc location is sometimes very hot.Anyway, fan comes with optional wallwart. I plugged it into powered usb port. PC sets on top though it's almost too small, lol. See attached pic.
Reviewed in the United States on March 26, 2015
- Fanless (it is silent in operation - no feedback in audio of any kind, etc.)
- Runs cool
--> This is amazing. I intentionally loaded FFXIV on this thing which I know it can't run just to tax the begeezus out of it. Guess what? It got a little bit warm. As in you could tell by touch it was warmer than the room. Lifting it off the desk there was no hot desk underneath. The real funny part is that with everything turned all the way down... although still unplayable really... this little tank actually launched and displayed FFXIV. I even did some cooking for the heck of it. HA!
- Surprisingly snappy under Windows 8.1 32-bit.
--> Although a 64-bit quad core processor, I can see the benefits of using the 32-bit version. Smooth as butter too.
- Runs Linux Mint like a race car.
**UPDATE: This needs to be highlighted. LOW POWER USAGE! Power went out recently. I have a sizable battery backup unit. Will run laptop, PCs, and server with a couple of LED floor and desk lamps, etc. for 2.45 hours. Pared everything down to desk lamp, monitor, router, and this unit - 29 HOURS available. LOL nice. Perfect internet / news and entertainment solution during power outage.
What I have used it for and it excels at:
- Streaming media server using PlayOn software (Plug a USB or network drive with your content into it. Done. Not to mention SD card slot)
-- via other computers and our Roku, playback is flawless and the unit does not get hot. That is a lot of transcoding. No problems. It will handle one person streaming from a computer and another from the Roku without any hiccups... you start adding number 3 and 4 though... you'll get some stuttering and breaks in the stream. Can't say any different about many other mini systems though either really.
- OpenSim region server (at the same time mind you)
-- works great. With only 2GB ram it is a little limited on the region size, how many people, etc. before resources suffer, but still - just wow.
- Linux Steam Box
-- Valve's linux version of Steam. I'm impressed with how many of the games on Steam for Linux will actually run on this thing. Not to mention look good doing it too. Yeah you won't run the big-engine games, but wow. Nice.
There is an extremely long list of things I have put this poor little unit through the meat grinder with and it has come up on top every time. Whatever I have thrown at it, regardless it has actually managed to chug through it even when it technically should have just choked down to nothing.
I am looking forward to a version 2 or a 'level 2' model of this unit. If you guys would build something like a simple gaming unit for double the price? You'd kill in the marketplace. Not everyone needs or wants 'Ultra mode' settings in every game they play. You make a nice little unit for the average joe and I think people's heads will explode. Just like this little guy for the streaming media / desktop users.
TOTALLY WORTH IT!
Top international reviews
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 12, 2015
It measures just under 6" by 4" and is under 2" in depth... weighs next to nothing and you'll hardly notice it on your desktop or by your TV. Connections are 3 USB, VGA, HDMI... !!! Ethernet [built in excellent wireless reception too] and SD. I use the HDMI to the DVI-D connection on my Samsung monitor and the high quality HD this machine outputs has transformed my viewing and monitor!
On board you have:
' Intel® Baytrail(tm) T Quad Core Z3735F processor
' Intel® HD Graphics
' 2GB of DDR3L RAM
' 30GB total integrated storage
' 802.11 b/g/n Integrated Wireless Network
' 3X USB 2.0 ports
' HDMI & VGA input.
There is no fan and the Byte is totally quiet... you'll hear nothing. I'm not sure however if the hard drive is SSD... whatever it is, it's quiet and the Byte does not overheat.[Edit: just found out it's a Toshiba 30GB Disc Drive... though not SSD you're not aware of any drive at all!] After initial installation you'll probably be left with around 17 free GB.
On the back of the Byte where most connections are you have also the on/off switch, the DC 12v input and a headphone socket which you can also use of course to take to your sound system. Sound quality is top notch.
A few words about Windows 8.1... I am used to Windows 7 Home Premium which I've enjoyed using. I have a couple Nokia Lumia phones so using 8.1 on the Byte wasn't totally a new experience but I've found it equally a pleasure to use.
Back to the Byte... if you're looking for a really capable PC that plays 1080p HD video no problems and is well capable at general surfing I can highly recommend this little gem. I had the Byte up and running in no time... just added a wireless mouse and keyboard. If you need extra memory you have USB slots and the SD slot too. I'm just keeping mine fairly simple and don't intend to add much to the internal hard drive other than Media Player Classic. I have a wireless internet connection from router in the room above and normally I get about 12mB on my usual PC... the Byte receives 25mB on average through its aerial on the back.
To put it through its paces tonight I had a 1080p video playing alongside an SD video whilst surfing the net and processor use was still only around an average of 15%... RAM use averaged 56%. It's easy to quickly call up the task manager on 8.1 to check PC performance. No bloat ware on board.
It's very nippy around the internet and you can switch between standard desktop and Windows 8.1... with Windows 8.1 this really is a class act and is great to use and customise yourself. Start up time is fast... about 6 - 8 seconds and shut down is equally fast.
I'll update this review if needed but for the time being I can thoroughly recommend this cracking little machine. I had been checking out desktops at three times the price but the Byte has proved capable way beyond my expectations.
Edit/Update 19th August 2015
I took up the Microsoft offer of 'upgrading' to Windows 10 from 8.1 on the Quantum Byte. After trialling Windows 10 for a week I found the Byte was not as responsive as with 8.1. So I opted for the recovery mode back to 8.1, which I prefer anyway, and now everything is back to normal and the Byte is zapping around the internet once more with no sluggishness. Note that should you download Windows 10 you have just one month in which to make a decision after which you can't revert to 8.1 or Windows 7.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 14, 2015
It has some form of solid state drive (not an actual removable SSD) and boots up very quickly, just a few seconds. Full Windows 8.1, and it looks like it has formatted down to 23GB, a couple more have then gone to Windows 8.1, so usable space left will need to be treated with care. There a slot for removable media, so you can easily expand this.
It has a Quad core processor, and feels very fast. It's even smaller than your average router, yet you can hide it away anywhere, or it's smart enough to keep on show, and would make a great HTPC or media server.All in all, I'm very impressed. But there are just two "buts" that I would warn about that loses it a star...
Firstly, and I believe others have commented, the wireless antennae (although pretty large) appears to do quite a poor job of holding and maintaining a good wireless signal. When I set the unit up, it was in the same room as the router, and it never dropped out once. But when it was moved to another room (not far away) I started to notice connection issues over wifi, dropping and coming back, slowdowns and latency, coming back again, or having to re-connect manually. I even used an upstairs wifi hotspot (very nearby!) and it didn't even want to lock onto that all that well. Given that these issues never happened in the same room as the router, and given that smartphones, tablets and laptops all never have a problem in all our rooms, I can only conclude that the wifi facility in this little box is not quite up to scratch. In the end, I decided to use a spare pair of Homeplug adaptors, and provide the unit with a proper "wired" Ethernet connection, and it immediately became rock solid, and all the wifi issues ceased. So for me, that's not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying, and what if I had not had a spare Homeplug? Just something to bear in mind...
The second disappointment, is that sound does not appear to carry through to TV with an HDMI cable. I use a very high quality HDMI cable (not that quality of cable will have anything to do with this issue), and guess what? no sound!!!Why not?I have another small PC I'm using as HTPC, and the sound goes straight from that box to the TV via HDMI. In the end, I had to use mini jack out from the headphone socket (at the same time as the HDMI) to get the sound out to the TV. This was a nuisance, because I had to find a line-level splitter, to make the sound go two ways, since various jacks were already being used, etc.
So to sum all this up - you will be delighted by looks, speed, boot up speed, quality, value for money, full copy of Windows 8.1, ease of set up etc etc - but you may likely have issues with sound over HDMI and patchy wifi performance.
Lastly, and I have seen this commented elsewhere, so I'm not the only one......why was my seal broken, with the writing on the seal "If this seal is broken, then product is used".I found inside, a shrunk-wrapped unit, and to me, it did [not] look used, and I felt I did have a new product. But the fact remains that for my purchase, and it would seem for some others - the seal has already been broken on arrival.
Other than that, I strongly recommend this machine.
Update: 20th July 2015.
I've updated this to a 5-star rating, after contacting Qbyte support about the HDMI issue. It is totally possible to output sound from the Qbyte to TV over HDMI, but you may need to visit the Hardware and Sound, in Control Panel, and then make sure that default playback device is set correctly.
Here was the advice from support:
As for the HDMI, please make sure that the DEFAULT Playback device is set to HDMI.
Press both Windows Key + X
Select Control Panel *VIEW BY ::CATEGORY::*
Select Hardware and Sound
Verify HDMI is default output(Playback) device.
This then worked perfectly!
I expect to buy another of these, waiting until Windows 10 is out, rather than upgrading 8.1, so highly recommended.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 22, 2015
I use this wired into my modem, with a bluetooth combined keyboard/trackpad, and an HDMI connection to a 42" smart TV. No problems so far - totally recommend it for "light" Home PC users orfor ultra-mobile workers. I used to use laptops, but now find this lovely bit of tech, combined with my tablet, works even better for me.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 20, 2015
Bought for a friend who just needs a basic PC, but quickly realised how good it actually was. It works fine for his needs, internet browsing, XBMC for watching videos, no noticeable lag at all. I then did some testing and it also seems to work great for being a client using Steam to stream games from my main (wireless) PC. I'll now be buying myself 1 for the front-room to replace my HTPC as this does everything I need now that I can stream games.
Also, it's absolutely silent - perfect for not getting grief from the wife!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 17, 2015
Pretty soon however we started to get circumstances where it wouldn't recognise the external drive I added (because it only has 32GB internally).
After that, it now fails to power on at all. It just flashes the front LED occasionally.
I've been trying to debug this via email with Quantum but there is little you can do apart from send it back - to Miami!!!!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 16, 2016
I expected the unit to arrive with Windows 8.1 unfortunately it was loaded with Windows 10. After buying upgrades for my nav system software to get it to work on Win.10, I discovered that Win 10 doesn't like Woking offline, and every few minutes it puts a "you are not connected to the internet" warning across the screen. I've tried everything I can think of to disable this warning without any luck so far. Windows 10 uses internet explorer 11 and this cannot be enabled to work offline.
The nav system works very well, but having to keep clearing the offline warning spoils the system.
Windows 8 wouldn't have had this problem.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 12, 2016
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 25, 2016
After clicking next windows advises just a moment then the whole system hard reboots back to the language selection screen.
Have tried unplugging and holding down the power button for 45 seconds as suggested on the support website.
I have tried the above 3 times as suggested but to no avail.
So waiting for an answer from their support.
Will update review or return product.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 25, 2015
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 8, 2015
Very handy having an always on machine to be instantly available for quick internet access / not to mention using as a monitoring device.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 15, 2016
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 28, 2015
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 19, 2015
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 19, 2015
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 28, 2015
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Windows 10 Desktop Under 100 for you.Please don't forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!