We spent many hours on research to finding dovetails with a router, reading product features, product specifications for this guide. For those of you who wish to the best dovetails with a router, you should not miss this article. dovetails with a router coming in a variety of types but also different price range. The following is the top 10 dovetails with a router by our suggestions
945 reviews analysed
1. General Tools 861 Portable Aluminum Dovetail Jig, 12-inch, Woodworking, Furniture Building & Cabinet Making With Router Bit
- WOODWORKING MADE EASY- All-in-one 861 Dovetail Jig produces strong, precise dovetail joints right out-of-the-box quickly and easily
- SELF ALIGNING DESIGN- Ensures that both ends of the dovetail joint match up evenly every time
- ADJUSTABLE- Can accommodate boards of any width and easily adjusts the dovetail interference to create loose or tight joints
- DURABLE- One-piece aluminum construction with integrated clamps allow precise clamping of jig to work piece while the table router control knobs assure safe, comfortable and accurate use
- INCLUDES: (1) 861 Dovetail Jig & (1) 14-degree, 1/2 -inch dovetail router bit for use with hand table or table router
General Tools 861 EZ Pro Dovetailer 2 Dovetail Jig is the all-in-one answer to producing strong, precise dovetail joints with ease right out-of-the-box. Using only the jig and a handheld or table router, both professionals and novices can make half-blind or through dovetail joints including box joints. The self-aligning design ensures that both ends of the dovetail joint match up evenly every time, and new table router control knobs promise comfortable and accurate use. THE DOVETAILER is fully portable, includes a 1/2″ dovetail router bit and features sturdy machined aluminum construction along with integrated clamps for precise attachment to the work piece. It is perfect for furniture building, cabinet making and other carpentry projects.
GENERAL TOOLS – THE PRECISE TOOL FOR DOING THE JOB EXACTLY RIGHT. Offering over 1,000 tools, we’re proud to provide tradesmen, craftsmen and DIYers around the world with a broad range of affordable, specific-purpose mechanical hand tools and precision measuring and inspection tools.
For inquiries, please contact our Customer Service Department at 212-431-6100. We strive to provide our customers with 100% satisfaction.
WORK SMARTER, MEASURE BETTER & BE MORE PRODUCTIVE WITH GENERAL TOOLS
2. Hiltex 10108 Tungsten Carbide Router Bit Set, 24 Piece | 1/4-Inch Shank
- Precisely machined, sharp, and heat-resistant YG8 Tungsten carbide blade makes clean and accurate cuts
- Hardened solid alloy steel construction with powder coating finish ensures tool durability and longevity
- Each 1/4-inch universal shank fits all models of routers, with select bits featuring a bearing roller for smooth and aligned operations
- Effective for edging, trimming, veining, and grooving all types of wood
- perfect for door panels, picture frames, plywood, and other carpenting projects
- Set comes with image and size-labeled wooden case with 24 bits of varying styles – Without ball bearing: mortising bit, combination bevel, dovetail, 90-degree “v” groove, round nose, panel pilot, straight bit | With ball bearing: trimming, flush trim, radius round over bit, cove, 45-degree chamfer, Roman Ogee, slot cutter, rebating bit
Set comes with size and groove-labeled wooden case with the following 24 bits:
Without ball bearing
1/2″ mortising bit
1/2″ combination bevel bit
3/8″ and 1/2″ dovetail bit
1/2″ 90-degree “V” groove bit
3/8″ and 1/2″ round nose bit
1/4″ panel pilot bit
1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, and 3/4″ straight bit
With ball bearing
3/8″ trimming bit
1/2″ flush trim bit
1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 38″ radius round over bit
1/4″ and 3/8″ cove bit
1/2″ 45-degree chamfer bit
5/32″ Roman Ogee bit
1/4″ slot cutter bit
1/2″ rebating bit
3. K Kwokker 5 Dovetail Router Bit 1/2" Shank, 1/4" 1/2" 3/8" 5/8" 3/4" Diameter Professional Wood Milling Cutter for the Construction of Boxes Drawers Chests and Fine Casework Woodworking
- √5Pcs Dovetail Router Bit 1/2 inch shank, cutter diameters are 1/4 inch, 1/2inch, 3/8inch, 5/8inch, and 3/4 inch. Meet your different needs in woodworking. 14-Degree, 1/2 inch profile with unique rounded corners for smoother grooves.
- √Wide Applicability, suitable for wood, MDF, particle board, plywood compact panel and so on. Avoid cutting ferrous metal and non wood materials, such as: steel, iron, sand, etc
- √Highly sharpen, sharp blade cutting smooth no burr, no edges. Simple construction, easy to operate. Provides much convenience to your daily woodworking. Less effort and higher efficiency.
- √Material: Carbide Tipped Cutters, having long life. With the corrosion-resistant & heat resistant teflon coating finish to make it more durable. Great for the construction of boxes, drawers, chests, and fine casework. A good helper for woodworking.
- √Blade with high-grade welding, stable quality high efficiency. Ideal for carpenters and hobbyists of all experience levels. Professional router bit tool and nice present for family and friends.
4. Freud 1/2" (Dia.) Dovetail Bit with 1/2" Shank (22-112)
- Cuts all composition materials, plywoods, hardwoods, and softwoods.
- Use on CNC and other automatic routers as well as hand-held and table-mounted portable routers.
- 1/2-Inch Diameter, 14-degree angle, 1/2-Inch shank
- Ground carbide with titanium for long life
- Anti-kick back
- Computer balanced for vibration free operation speeds over 22,000 RPM
- Impervious to chemical attack
Compatible with popular dovetail jigs, these bits produce smooth, intricate dovetail joints. 1/2″ Overall Dia (D), 1/2″ Carbide Height (h), 1/2″ Shank, 14° Angle (d), 2-1/4″ Overall Length (H) Ideal For: Strong joint in wood drawers, boxes. Application: Strong, attractive joints for drawers and boxes. Made In Italy.
From the Manufacturer
Freud’s precision ground carbide bits have a grain size smaller than other grades and titanium is added making them impervious to chemical attack. Promoting safer woodworking is the reason Freud made a comment to develop anti-kickback router bits. Bits are computer balanced to insure vibration-free operation at speeds that are a safe margin above the typical 22,000 RPMs of most routers. Freud’s philosophy is woodworkers should expect safety, not pay for it. Overall diameter 1/2-Inch, angle 14-Degree, shank diameter 1/2-Inch.
5. Yakamoz 2Pcs 1/4 Inch Shank Dovetail Joint Router Bits with Bearing Guide Dovetail Jig Bit for Furniture Building Cabinet Making Woodworking Cutter Tools
- Black Router Bit – Cutting Angle: 10°
- Cutting Length: 1/2”
- Cutting Depth: 1/2”
- Overlength: 2-5/16″
- Yellow Router Bit – Cutting Length: 5/8”
- Cutting Depth: 9/16”
- Overlength: 2-1/2″
- Two carbide flutes , 1/4″ shank with bearing guide.
- Precise, smooth and detailed cuts, perfect for projects of any level of complexity.
- Outstanding abrasion resistance and high strength for longer cutting life.
6. Yonico 14520q 5 Bit Dovetail Router Bit Set 1/4-Inch Shank
- This dovetail set contains 5 common dovetail bit sizes and angles needed for most dovetail projects.
- Create strong and beautiful cabinet and drawer corner joints
- Premium C3 micro-grain tungsten carbide blades for a sharper & longer lasting edge
- For use on CNC, table mount and handheld routers
- Silver induction brazing for maximum strength and durability
The dovetail is probably the most recognizable of all woodworking joints. A dovetail joint is self-aligning and interlocking. There are numerous versions of the dovetail joint, including half blind dovetails, through dovetails, mitered dovetails and sliding dovetails. All of these variations are common in casework and drawer construction. A single dovetail bit can make almost any kind of dovetail, depending on the desired size. You’ll need a jig to make most dovetail joints, as well as a guide bushing for your router. Check the instructions with your dovetail jig to select a bit with the appropriate angle, which will usually be somewhere between 7 and 14 degrees.
7. PORTER-CABLE 43776PC 17/32-Inch 7 Degree Carbide-Tipped Dovetail Router Bit
For use with the 4200 series of Porter Cable dovetail jigs. Enables through and half-blind dovetails to be cut. 1/2 In. shank. Manufactured by Porter Cable.
From the Manufacturer
Porter Cable 17/32 7 DEG DVTL BIT Part No. 43776PC
8. Amana Tool – 45882 Carbide Tipped Keller Dovetail 7 Deg x 7/16 Dia x 3/4 x 1/4" Shank
The popular Keller templates require the use of bits with shank-mounted pilot bearings., this bit is specifically designed for use in the Keller system., #45882, diameter (D) 7/16, angle (a°) 7°, cutting Height (B) 3/4, shank (D) 1/4, overall length (L) 2-5/8, type Dovetail, replacement bearing 47712, Keller number 1633/1533, flutes 2, Carbide Tipped Keller Dovetail 7 deg X 7/16 dia x 3/4 x 1/4 inch Shank with upper Bb
9. Eyech 2pc 1/4 Inch Shank Carbide Dovetail Joint Router Bit Swallowtail Knife Woodworking Cutter With Bearing For Power Tool
- Two flutes, 1/4″ shank with shank mounted bearing guide
- C3 micro-grain tungsten cutters , cutting sharp, smooth rotation, light operation
- Suitable for wood, MDF, particle board, plywood compact panel
- Great for drawers and jewelry boxes, shaker furniture and shadow boxes
- Precise, smooth and detailed cuts, perfect for projects of any level of complexity
Eyech 2pc 1/4 Inch Shank Carbide Dovetail Joint Router Bit Swallowtail Knife Woodworking Cutter
Shank Diameter: 1/4″
Cutting Angle: 10°
Cutting Length: 1/2”
Cutting Depth: 1/2”
Overall Length: 1.95”
Bearing Diameter: 1/2”
Shank Diameter: 1/4″
Cutting Length: 9/16”
Cutting Depth: 5/8”
Overall Length: 2-1/2”
Bearing Diameter: 1/2”
-Two flutes, 1/4″ shank with shank mounted bearing guide.
-Highly durable, can be utilized for the most rigorous industrial applications.
-Precise, smooth and detailed cuts, perfect for projects of any level of complexity.
-Outstanding abrasion resistance and high strength for longer cutting life.
-C3 micro-grain tungsten cutters , cutting sharp, smooth rotation, light operation
-Suitable for wood, MDF, particle board, plywood compact panel
-Great for drawers and jewelry boxes, shaker furniture and shadow boxes
The package include:
2pc Dovetail Joint Router Bit
10. Hymnorq 1/2 Inch Shank Dovetail Router Bit Set of 5PCS to Fit Most Jigs and Make Strong and Beautiful Dovetail Joints for The Construction of Boxes Drawers Chests and Fine Casework in Woodworking
- Solid hardened steel bodies with anti-kickback design and C3 micro-grain tungsten carbide 2-flute cutters with heat resistant Teflon coating, specially designed with high radial and axial relief angles to give you extra clean, sharp edges.
- Multi applications – Make creative, decorative glue joints for drawers and jewelry boxes, shaker furniture and shadow boxes, sliding dovetail joints for table and leg extensions, or sliding drawer and shelf runners and dividers.
- Smaller degree bits can be used for stair tread stringer mortising or shelf supports. Larger diameter bits can produce unique finger pulls.
- Bits fit most popular jigs. Wether you are using Akeda, Leigh, Incra, Porter Cable, or Keller Jig, this set of dovetail router bits will surely fit your jig and cut beautifully.
- The set includes 5 pieces of 1/2” shank dovetail router bits. Cutter diameters are 1/4″, 1/2″, 3/8″, 5/8″ and 3/4″. Suitable for wood, MDF, particle board, plywood compact panel.
Dovetail joints are one of the strongest joiner joints in woodworking. Dovetail joints are great for the construction of boxes, drawers, chests, and fine casework.
Migiwata Dovetail router bits feature a quality piece of carbide that stays sharp and cuts cleanly, even after many uses.
Whiteside offers a 5pc set of quality dovetail bits to fit a wide range of popular dovetailing jigs to meet you diverse joining needs in woodworking.
Material: solid hardened steel body and carbide tipped cutters
Color: yellow coating and silver metal
Shank: 1/2”straight shank
14° 1/2”* 3/8” dovetail router bit x 1pc
14° 1/2”* 1/2” dovetail router bit x 1pc
14° 1/2”* 5/8” dovetail router bit x 1pc
14° 1/2”* 3/4” dovetail router bit x 1pc
8° 1/2”* 1/4” dovetail router bit x 1pc
Two passes are recommended when routing dovetails with a template. Check that the dovetails have been cut through completely and smoothly before removing the workpiece. For even easier routing and less stress on your dovetail bit, run the first pass with a straight bit. Use a dovetail on your router table equipped with a fence to achieve difficult chamfer angles.
If a dovetail bit jams while working, adjust the position of the bit in the collet and make sure the cutting depth is correct. Do not lift the router out of the template.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Dovetails With A Router for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!